Thursday, June 14, 2007

Well, many moons have passed since the first blog entry.

Unfortunably, free time is not what I have most, but I don't plan to abandon this blog. Even considering the enormous ammount of 27 visits I had until today since I opened its gates...

So, basically on the days I have been trying the free development tools for doing nifty things on the PS2, evaluating both Cygwin environment (on Winblows) and under pure Linux... The bad news for some (including me) : Cygwin sucks! I couldn't build the development tools under it.

It seems that the latest gcc on Cygwin raises some issues during the "toolchain" build.

So, Linux (xubuntu was my choice) and it works. Nevertheless, I didn't quite gave up Cygwin completly, but it's required to have a old version of it ...

I hope on the next post to give you the basics of how to prepare your PS2 to receive your own made code. No warranty loss, all legal stuff. Sony closed attitude regarding homebrew development sucks BTW.

See ya !

Update : I managed to get and install an old version of Cygwin and buid a working development system (toolchain) for the PS2. I'll post later how to get this old version of Cygwin.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What's next?
Go on, give us the next step!